Are you planning a trip to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda?, Look no further for the perfect accommodation for your stay! Read on to discover all about the great places to stay close to the park, including their amenities and other useful information.
Where to Find Accommodation in Mgahinga National Park
Located at the base of the Virunga Mountains, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park offers visitors stunning views and lush landscapes. When it comes to deciding where to stay during your trip, there are plenty of options.
Whether you want a luxurious hotel or a simple budget guesthouse, you'll be able to find great accommodation around Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. From nearby towns and villages to lodges within the park itself, you'll find everything you need for a comfortable stay!
What Kind of Amenities Can You Expect?
Depending on where you choose to stay, you can expect a range of amenities. From full-service hotels with swimming pools, fitness centers, restaurants and spas to guesthouses that offer simple yet comfortable accommodations.
Whether you're looking for something luxurious or more budget-friendly, there's sure to be an accommodation option that fits your needs. Ensure to check ahead of time the amenities provided so you can relax and enjoy your stay in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda!
Budget Accommodations Near Mgahinga National Park
If you are on a budget, there are plenty of hotels and guesthouses available around Mgahinga Gorilla National Park?,.
- Amajambere Iwacu Community Camp This eco-friendly camp is located near the park and offers budget-friendly accommodations in traditional huts or tents. The camp also offers community-based tours and cultural experiences.
- Lake Mutanda Resort This resort is located near the shores of Lake Mutanda and offers affordable rooms with stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. The resort also offers a range of activities, including gorilla trekking and hiking.
- Kisoro Tourist Hotel This hotel is located in the town of Kisoro, about 15 kilometers from Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. It offers budget-friendly rooms and is a popular choice for budget travelers.
- Travellers Rest Hotel This historic hotel is located in the town of Kisoro and offers affordable rooms with basic amenities. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar.
- Rugigana Campsite This campsite is located in the town of Kisoro and offers affordable camping accommodations for budget travelers. The campsite also has basic facilities such as showers and toilets.
Luxury Lodges and Hotels Near Mgahinga National Park
Those travelling to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park can experience luxury accommodations in the area. and an array of high-end amenities, including a spa and wellness centre, bar and restaurant.
- Mount Gahinga Lodge This luxury lodge is located just outside the park and offers luxurious rooms with breathtaking views of the Virunga Mountains. The lodge also has a spa, a restaurant, and a bar.
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge This award-winning lodge is located in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains and offers luxurious accommodations with panoramic views of the park. The lodge also offers gorilla trekking and other activities.
- Volcanoes Mount Gahinga Lodge This eco-friendly lodge is located near the park and offers luxury accommodations with stunning views of the Virunga Mountains. The lodge also has a restaurant, a bar, and a spa.
- Chameleon Hill Lodge This luxurious lodge is located on the shores of Lake Mutanda and offers stunning views of the lake and the Virunga Mountains. The lodge also offers a range of activities, including gorilla trekking and boat safaris.
- Bwindi Lodge This luxury lodge is located near the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which is a few hours' drive from Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. The lodge offers luxurious accommodations with stunning views of the forest and the surrounding hills. The lodge also offers gorilla trekking and other activities.
Tips for Choosing the Right Accommodation
When choosing the right accommodation for your trip to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, there are a few things to consider. Look at the facilities and services offered by each accommodation, such as Wi-Fi access, access to restaurants or bars, available activities and more.
It's also important to think about budget, location and distance from the park. Additionally, bear in mind other travelers' ratings when selecting a hotel or camp so you get an idea of their level of satisfaction and what you can expect from your stay.
Activities around Mgahinga National Park
Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is a stunningly beautiful and diverse landscape that consists of tropical rainforest, bamboo forest, volcanic mountains, and pristine lakes. There are plenty of activities to enjoy here, from bird spotting to trekking up volcanoes, and more. Discover the ten top activities this amazing natural wonder has to offer!
- Hiking and Trekking. The most popular activity in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is trekking up the three volcanoes - Mount Sabinyo, Mount Gahinga, and Mount Sabinyo. Each one offers a unique perspective of the park, from lush tropical rainforest to stunning views of the surrounding area. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and experience a true natural wonder as you hike your way through this spectacular national park.
- Gorilla Trekking. No visit to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is complete without gorilla trekking! Get up close and personal with gentle giants as you go in search of these amazing animals. This activity will take you through the park's dense forests, where expert trackers will guide you in your quest to find families of gorillas deep in their natural habitat. Along the way, you'll learn about the conservation efforts taking place to protect these beautiful creatures.
- Golden Monkey Trekking Another of Mgahinga's must-do activities is golden monkey trekking! While your chances of seeing a wild golden monkey are rare in this part of Uganda, Mgahinga's dedicated team has established several areas for habituation and tracking. Participate in an exciting game drive as you follow clues to try and find the chimps. If you're lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of these highly intelligent primates!
- Bird Watching in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is a veritable paradise for bird watchers! With its incredible biodiversity and unique habitats, the park offers exceptional opportunities to spot a wide variety of avian species. Watch out for soaring raptors, vibrant sunbirds, colourful turacos and even elusive owls. Look up into the trees to see if you can spot some African green pigeons or crowned hornbills perched in the branches!
- Nature Walks and Guided Forest Tours . Experience the stunning beauty of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park's rainforest and get close to nature like never before. Take a relaxing stroll through pristine forests, discovering trees and plants as you go, or take guided tours and gain new knowledge about the local wildlife. You may even catch sight of some inquisitive monkeys who inhabit the park.
Gorilla Trekking Tips
- Remember to get a permit before you arrive
- Be prepared for any weather
- Take food and water with you
- Waterproofing for your camera and absolutely no flash
- Train before you leave and know your fitness levels
- Travel in the dry season
- Respect the gorillas' space
You're one Call away from your Lion Trekking Experience
Game Drive Safaris
This tour is ideal for people who want to look for the big five in a few days thus combining Ziwa rhino sanctuary which gives one a chance to track the southern white rhinos on foot and Murchison falls national park for the rest of the wildlife with expectations of seeing lions, leopards, buffaloes and elephants to complete the big 5. There are also several other animals one is likely to encounter on this safari including, monkeys, antelopes, hippos, crocodiles and several bird species.
This 8 days African wildlife safari will cover the beautiful sceneries of Uganda and a bit of Rwanda with the beautiful and clean Kigali city. Clients will be picked up from Kigali and transferred to Uganda though either Katuna border post or Chanika border post depending on the gorilla tracking station, after checking in at the border, through the hills of Kigezi they will head to Ruhija/Rushaga for gorilla tracking.
Is there any other information you need?
Gorilla Trekking Trips to Mgahinga
Mgahinga National Park is the only park in Uganda where mountain gorillas co-exist with Golden monkeys hence a saying that its where “Gold meets silver”. This safari is meant for those who would wish to spend a week away on safari and want to trek mountain gorillas and participate in golden monkey experience or golden monkey trekking, more wildlife in queen Elizabeth national park and then visit Lake Bunyonyi the deepest Lake in Uganda. This safari starts and ends in Kigali.
Our 3 Day Mgahinga gorillas will take you to Mgahinga National Park in south western Uganda. Arrival and departure will be through Kigali, Rwanda. Mgahinga National Park is the only park in Uganda where mountain gorillas co-exist with golden monkeys. Hence the saying, that it's where “gold meets silver”.
This short wildlife tour takes you to Western Uganda as you explore beautiful landscapes and wildlife in a short period. This tour takes to the smallest Savannah National park Lake Mburo national park with beautiful animals such as zebras and giraffes before you transfer to queen Elizabeth national park for a boat cruise and game drives through Uganda's second biggest national park where you are expected to see animals such as Uganda kobs, elephants and cats such as lions and leopards. After lunch you will relax as you prepare for an evening game drive and scenic views of the park. Drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
The typical 3 days safari is more suitable for those that are already in Kampala or arrive in the previous day's night, so that you will immediately be transferred to Murchison falls national park the next morning. Otherwise an extra day will be needed to make it. Covered in the safari will be all the major activities that are usually carried out to this exclusively special Uganda safari park, though an additional fourth day is important if you are interested in chimpanzee tracking.
Despite some negative press, Uganda is a safe country for gay and lesbian travellers. However, Uganda is a conservative country and we recommend discretion this applies to people who intend to reside in the country for quite a long time.
There are mountain gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda and democratic republic of Congo in the Virunga Mountains, a range of extinct volcanoes that border the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Uganda. 53.9% can be found in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda and the remainder in Virunga and volcanoes Nationals parks in Democratic Republi of Congo and Rwanda respectively.